Important Message from marktulk.com:
* Mark was seriously injured in the Amtrak 188 derailment that occurred in Philadelphia on the evening of May 12. He has been unable to work since the accident and is currently undergoing physical therapy. He is making progress, but please continue to keep him in your thoughts/prayers.
* Mark posted an update on the new album today. Check it out HERE
* Well into writing for his next full length release, Mark recently spent some time away in a secluded location in Woodstock, NY to refine lyrics and develop a couple of new songs. Watch this space for more details. At this stage, the new record is to be called "The Basement Tapes." Not really. :)
* Mark is excited to be providing an original score for the Van Reipen Collective's upcoming theatrical interpretation of Gertrude Stein's Tender Buttons at NYC's Theater for the New City. More details HERE.
* ABC Radio National (Australia) recently featured "Burn So Slow" on Paul Gough's The Inside Sleeve show. Check out the edited program HERE.
* Mark today released the first video, Lost In Vines, from Of Memory And The Dark NIght. Check it out HERE (or below)!
*Of Memory And The Dark Night is 106.7 PBS FM's "Essential Album of the Week." Check out the edited feature here: https://soundcloud.com/marktulk/106-7-pbs-fm-across-the-tracks or stream the entire show HERE.
* Small House Records today released Mark's latest record, Of Memory And The Dark Night. Available now from Bandcamp.
* To celebrate the upcoming release of his new record, Mark has made a special sampler CD available for FREE! Pick it up HERE.
*Watch a short behind-the-scenes movie of Mark's visit to Philadelphia to record bass and acoustic guitar parts for his new record, Of Memory And The Dark Night.
* Mark's new record is now mixed (and mastered by Greg Calbi at NYC's Sterling Sound!) Stay tuned for release details, early 2014.
* Mark recently accompanied (on a rather nice baby grand!) Ben Stamper and Aaron Roche in providing a live, improv soundtrack to the film, Horse & Rider at a screening in NYC.
* Mark headed down to Philadelphia earlier this month to track bass and acoustic guitar with Josh Stamper at Brian McTear's amazing studio (home of the acclaimed online Shaking Through music/video series). Fun times, indeed!
* Dan Nettles and Marlon Patton have both been confirmed as session players on Mark's new full-length record, playing guitar and drums respectively. More details on this much-anticipated follow-up to 2011's Central State shortly.
* Mark today announced his latest side-project: a piano/cello instrumental EP. For more details: http://marktulk.bandcamp.com/album/shadows-wings-ep
* After a break of some months, Mark has again resumed work on his follow-up to 2011's
"Central State." The new songs are said to marry "edginess" with "beauty" -- sonically "raw" and "dirty," "light" and "dark."
* Mark contributed music for Ben Stamper's short time-lapse movie of Hurricane Sandy hitting Hoboken, NJ. Check it out HERE.
* Mark will again join Jim White on tour, playing keys for many of his upcoming dates. Look for him (hiding behind his shiny red Nord) at shows including NYC, Rosendale NY, Indianapolis, & Chicago.
* Mark will join Jim White's amazing band for a rare home show as a part of the American Music Festival, at Athens' iconic Melting Point! - July 1.
* Between ongoing recording, mixing & mastering work for other artists at his "day job", SmallHouseCreative, Mark is continuing to work on demos for his new record...
* Writing and demo recording has begun on Mark's presently-untitled follow-up to "Central State". The new full-length record is expected to be released late in the fourth quarter.
* Mark is to play keys in Jim White's band for a mini tour! 01/27 Monticello Opera House, Monticello FL; 01/28 Dr Music, Fairhope AL & 01/29 Grocery on Home in Atlanta.
Mark is to collaborate with southern-gothic legend, Jim White, who is producing a new record for LA-based singer/songwriter, Haroula Rose.
December 2011: "Rain" from "Central State" is #3 on Middleclass Whitenoise's Top 10 Favorite Tracks list for 2011!
November 2011: Mark is opening for Love Tractor, Kill Kill Buffalo & Subscriber on Friday, November 11, 2011 at Flicker Theatre & Bar, Athens, GA. 9:30pm.
July 2011: Mark's new record, "Central State" is now available!