* Mark will be heading down to Philadelphia this month to track bass and guitar with Josh Stamper at Brian McTear's amazing studio (home of the acclaimed online Shaking Through music/video series). Fun times, indeed!
* Dan Nettles and Marlon Patton have both been confirmed as session players on Mark's new full-length record, playing guitar and drums respectively. More details on this much-anticipated follow-up to 2011's Central State shortly.
* Mark today announced his latest side-project: a piano/cello instrumental EP. For more details: http://marktulk.bandcamp.com/album/shadows-wings-ep
* After a break of some months, Mark has again resumed work on his follow-up to 2011's
"Central State." The new songs are said to marry "edginess" with "beauty" -- sonically "raw" and "dirty," "light" and "dark."
* Mark contributed music for Ben Stamper's short time-lapse movie of Hurricane Sandy hitting Hoboken, NJ. Check it out HERE.
* Mark will again join Jim White on tour, playing keys for many of his upcoming dates. Look for him (hiding behind his shiny red Nord) at shows including NYC, Rosendale NY, Indianapolis, & Chicago.
* Mark will join Jim White's amazing band for a rare home show as a part of the American Music Festival, at Athens' iconic Melting Point! - July 1.
* Between ongoing recording, mixing & mastering work for other artists at his "day job", SmallHouseCreative, Mark is continuing to work on demos for his new record...
* Writing and demo recording has begun on Mark's presently-untitled follow-up to "Central State". The new full-length record is expected to be released late in the fourth quarter.
* Mark is to play keys in Jim White's band for a mini tour! 01/27 Monticello Opera House, Monticello FL; 01/28 Dr Music, Fairhope AL & 01/29 Grocery on Home in Atlanta.
Mark is to collaborate with southern-gothic legend, Jim White, who is producing a new record for LA-based singer/songwriter, Haroula Rose.
December 2011: "Rain" from "Central State" is #3 on Middleclass Whitenoise's Top 10 Favorite Tracks list for 2011!
November 2011: Mark is opening for Love Tractor, Kill Kill Buffalo & Subscriber on Friday, November 11, 2011 at Flicker Theatre & Bar, Athens, GA. 9:30pm.
July 2011: Mark's new record, "Central State" is now available!